Jose was born 3 Jun 1890 in Cabuoco, Sao Miguel to Manuel da Costa and
Maria da Conceicao Medeiros.  He had an older brother, Manuel (1885),
married to Maria Rozaria. He married Maria de Jesus Correia Fontes 13
Sep 1911 in Santa Cruz, Lagoa, SM. Their children were Antone, Mary,
Ida, Joseph, Elsie, and Edward. Jose and Maria arrived in America
March 1912, which I have the document for.

For reference, this is him shortly after arriving:
http://o.mfcreative.com/f1/file13/objects/0/d/b/d0db8504-9133-4058-bc46-24cdcab19ff5-1.jpg
This is him in 1927, in America:
http://o.mfcreative.com/f1/file02/objects/f/6/5/2f65bf7f-5c9e-4fc9-bc73-ad0fc2f9555d-1.jpg

And this is the photo in question:
http://o.mfcreative.com/f1/file06/objects/8/4/8/6848003b-2143-4e87-9fda-c5ed8e6904ac-1.jpg

I know Jose came back if he left, and died here as well.

I haven't been able to find this family on the 1920 Census either, and
I have spent a lot of time searching.
Jose filled out a draft card in 1942.