Greetings,

    I recently inherited an old photo album and a great many loose pictures
from the 1880's.....the photo's were all taken in New Bedford by several
different photographers. The large album has Manuel Goulart photos. I believe
most of these are pictures of my Pereira/Perry family although the only one
with a name says "Gert Alves". All of the pictures have a number on them so I
thought perhaps I could some how find old records.....

I did a google search and found an older story from "The Old Dartmouth
Historical Society" about an exhibition of the works of "Two Brothers
Goulart"......they were from Faial and Manuel came to New Bedford in 1889.....I
called the New bedford Whaling Museum where the society is located to see if
Judith Lund who curated the exhibit was there...alas, she retired but the woman
in charge of the photo collection, Katie Mello, was very helpful and suggested
that I peruse the collections on line. It is an enormous collection of all
kinds of vintage photos. There were 159 of Goularts work.....one of the
pictures was of a "grandma Enos and Clemintina with cousin"......she's not my
Enos grandmother but perhaps she's one of yours.

The collections are worth looking at and can be found at the New Bedford
Whaling Museum website.

I was in hopes of a small miracle.....finding the grandchildren who would have
all the old records with the numbers on my photo's to match with
names.......I'm such an optimist!
I may never know who these ancestors are.....many of the children of

Joseph and Rosa Louisa Gracia Perry

Nancy Jean

researching: Pico....Cardoza, de Castro, Gracia, Furtado, Silva, Peixoto
          Sao Jorge.....Silveira de Lemos, de Sousa Pereira, Oliveira, Vieira,
Teixeira,Baptista
          Santa Maria....Cabral, Moreia, Andrade, Coelho, da Silveira

          Terceira....Coelho