I asked the question if anyone knew how much it would cost to send for a
Baptismo, casamento or Obito document on the island of Terceira, and Cheri
responded with $20 dollars.  I felt this was very expensive, so I called my
cousin who lives in Faial.  She checked with the local Registo Civil in Horta
and inquired the price and if the price is the same at other Registo Civils in
neighboring islands.

Her response was that if you are only requesting a photocopy that it would cost
E .50 (1/2 of a Euro) and if you are requesting a certified copy it was 2.50
Euros.

It seems to be that there is a big discrepancy.   Do you think if I sent one
U.S. Dollar and request a photocopy that this would be sufficient?

Joyce House