Thanks a bunch for the info John.
Iris

--- On Sat, 6/5/10, marra...@cs.com <marra...@cs.com> wrote:

From: marra...@cs.com <marra...@cs.com>
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Violante Velho Cabral=Diogo Gonçalves de
Travassos
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Date: Saturday, June 5, 2010, 4:08 PM

Dear friends and fellow genealogists:

Please do not shoot the messenger! I too am a descendant of Velho Cabral's
sister Violante and his brother Álvaro. For many years I included Afonso III
and Madragana among their ancestors. But more recent research has shed new
light on their lineage and, alas, I have had to correct some very long
standing, but eroneous, lines. I include the fruit of my research in an
attachment. The best contemporary research on the lineage of the Cabrals is
"Subsídios para Uma Biografia de Pedro Álvares Cabral" by , Luís de Melo Vaz de
Sampaio, Universidade de Coimbra: 1971.

I offer this research in good faith and to prevent others from chasing after
false genealogies.

Best regards,

John Miranda Raposo