  From: his...@aol.com
  To: azores@googlegroups.com
  Sent: 2010-06-12 21:57
  Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] CCA Guidance - da Rocha de Borba abt. 1850's
Sao Bartolomeu

  Robin
  Jose da Rocha da Borba and Custodia Candida were married March 21, 1849.  He
is the son of Francisco da Rocha da Borba and Anna Theodoro. She is the
daughter of Joaquim Ferreira and Maria Candida.

  I'm missing something. How can Joao da Rocha Borba and his sister Matilde
Candida be the children o Jose da Rocha Borba if he was married in 1849.  The
marriage record didn't say he was a widow, at least I don't think it did.

  By the way Candida is not a place, it's a name.  Pretty common in Terceira I
think.  If in your research you connect with a Manoel da Rocha da Borba married
to (1) Maria do Rosario m. 1724 and (2) Maria Antonia m 1725 let me know.
Manoel is my husband's G+grandfather.  He is also from Sao Bartolomeu.

  Helen

  Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."