Tony,
Sorry taking so long to reply. as far as I know, I don't think I'm
closely related to the John Vasconcelos in Sunnyvale. Do you know which
Island (or mainland location) his family was originally from? All I know is
that my Vasconcelos ancestors were from the Island of Flores in the Azores
and that we are probably descendants  of Martim Mendes de Vasconcellos, of
Madeira via Terceira, Azores.
John Vasconcelos