Congratulations, your tenacity and preserverance have finally sure have paid
off.

Hermano

From: gfsche...@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 21:47:50 -0700
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Lost and Found
To: Azores@googlegroups.com

Story has it that my ancestors, who came to America had a total of 6 kids.
Four of the boys lived to adulthood.  One handwritten note exists from a
daughter-in-law that states "Baby girl born in RI (crossed out) Cal. passed
away very little. - Baby boy born in RI was only a few days old."  My
great-grandma's will states that she had 3 living children (at the time of her
will) and one son who died in 1965 and two other children who died in infancy.
 Six is the magic number.  And my ancestors weren't in RI, they were in New
Bedford, MA.  I think that part of the story is mixed up.

Dick Eastman put out a blurb last month from the Hemet-San Jacinto (CA)
Genealogy Society.  They are doing a centennial book.  My ancestors settled and
died there.  So I got after my dad (age 76) to start writing.  I called one of
the contacts today about the submission and other particulars.  She goes and
pulls out her cemetery book.  I didn't know that they had one.  She says that
George and Louise Mello are buried there (my grandparents).  She said William &
Lois R. Mello are buried there (my aunt & uncle).  She said Manuel & Gloria
Mello are there (my greats - the ones from Ribeira das Tainhas).  AND IN THAT
PLOT IS ANOTHER MANUEL!!!!

My dad got the cemetery records for me about a year ago.  One thing about most
workers - they give you what you asked for.  He didn't ask for any lost
Manuels.  He only got his parents, grandparents, and aunt and uncle.  No other
Manuel.  Now to figure out when this Manuel was born and died.  Probably in the
19teens when some records were hit and miss.

Pretty good though.  I now have the name of one of the missing children!  It
only took 18 years for that one!  LOL
Achada