De: Jesse Pacheco <pacheco.jess...@gmail.com>
Assunto: [AZORES-Genealogy] Filha legitima primeira - first legitimate child,
or first legitimate daughter?
Para: "Azores Genealogy" <azores@googlegroups.com>
Data: Sexta-feira, 23 de Julho de 2010, 4:22

Hi group.

I have a batismo for my great great grandmother Maria da Resureicao:

http://o.mfcreative.com/f1/file12/objects/7/8/e/c78ee5d8-6e52-44ac-907e-272660d3f20e-0.jpg

It says that she is the "filha legitima primeira." Do I take this to mean first
DAUGHTER, meaning there could be sons before her, or first child, period, no
others before her?

I ask because I believed she had an older brother Francisco with whom she was
living in the 1930 US Census. I didn't have concrete proof that they were
wondering if anyone had encountered this dilemma before and could give some
input. Thanks!

-- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
azores+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.  Follow the confirmation directions when
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right