I just got it and I did delete it. Thanks for the heads-up!
Jane Collins

--- On Mon, 8/23/10, Cheri Mello <gfsche...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Cheri Mello <gfsche...@gmail.com>
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Important Message about Strange Posts - PLEASE READ!
To: "Azores Genealogy" <Azores@googlegroups.com>
Date: Monday, August 23, 2010, 8:42 PM

There's been a couple of things going around in the genealogy community.

One is a possible bot or virus.  A message is sent out with just a URL.  I
think that they are just selling pharmaceuticals.  No text, no nothing.  If you
get one of these, delete it.  If it comes through on the list, I will delete it
out of the archives, but you need to delete it out of your inbox.  There is
nothing I can do if someone's computer has a problem and is sending out the
URL, except moderate the entire list, looking for messages that contain just a
URL.

The other is a scam out of Nigeria, stating that the person was robbed in
London and needs money to pay their hotel bill.  This is an email hack.  Don't
respond to these messages.  Delete them.  If you are worried about the person
sending the email, email them under their alternate email if you know it, or
call them on the phone.

This is an FYI since one URL came through to the list.  The other I caught and
deleted.  The Nigerian thing about being in London was on another list and also
mentioned by Dick Eastman.

Achada