I was just going through old emails and came across this one. I am still
doing research on my ancestors from the Azores. If anyone has information
that they could share, it would be much appreciated.
My grandfather was Joao Mendes AVILA (1900-1979). He was born in Fontinhas,
Terceira Island, Azores, Portugal. He came to the United States in 1920. He
married Elvera Francis MELLO, who was born in the states but whose parents
are from the Azores also.

John (Joao) parents were Manuel Avila (1858-1946) and Rosa Canto Meneses
(1868-1904). Manuel was born in Fontinhas, Terceira, Azores, Portugal. Rosa
was born in Fontinhas, Praia da Vitoria, Terceira, Azores, Portugal. Both
died in the Azores.

Elvera's parents were Joseph Toste MELLO (1896-1972) and Rita
Goncalves/Consalves TOSTE. Rita and Joseph both were born in Sao Sabastiao,
Terceira, Azores, Portugal but died in the United States.

I have a lot more names just want to verify dates and see if I can verify
these and get documents to verify. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Jeanine Kirkpatrick