From: Margaret Vicente <margaretvice...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Help with Translation of Baptismal Record for
Deolinda Vieira
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Date: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 12:02 PM

Hi Kristina,
It reads:"On the 3rd day of the month of September year 1892 in this Parochial
Church of Saint Caetano.  Church of Lomba region of Vila of Lajes island of
Flores Diocese of Angra.  I solemnly baptized an individual of the feminine sex
whom I gave the name of Deolinda who was born in this Parish about 7 am of the
said month and year.  Legitimate daughter of Antonio Jose Vieira and of
Francisda Trindade de Sousa, farmers (agriculture), naturals and received in
this Parish, residents of rua (street) da Canada da Penhora of this referred
village. Paternal grandchild of Jose Francisco Vieira and Rosa Maria, maternal
of Joao de Sousa Almeida and Maria da Trindade de Sousa.  Godfather was Antonio
de Sousa Almeida, married, and Godmother Maria Vieira, housekeeper, both
single, whom I know all to be the proper.  And to confirm I wrote this record
in duplicate which after having been read and confirmed before the Godparents,
signed by the Godmother due to the
 Godfather not knowing how to write.  era est supra.  The Rector Jose Francisco
de Moraes."

Margaret Vicente