Greetings,

I would think that Horta port would be closer and more convenient for people
leaving Sao Jorge since it's much closer by boat than going over to Angra.

Nancy Jean

From: gfsche...@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 18:47:19 -0700
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Passport information
To: azores@googlegroups.com

Karen,

One day, they will have all 3 ports online.  No one seems to know the timeline
for this though.

GENERALLY, someone would leave from the port closest to home.  So, the port of
Ponta Delgada has a lot of Sao Miguel and Santa Maria people.  However, if
someone had to leave soon, they may have gone to the port where the next ship
was leaving.  I've worked a lot with Ponta Delgada records and I do see an
occasional Sao Jorge person.  But, GENERALLY, I'd think that Sao Jorge people
would most likely leave from the Angra port.  I believe that port is closer
than the Horta port.

Yes, they would need a passaporte.  No, it wasn't possible to leave without one.

Achada