From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
gracefalc...@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2011 2:19 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Travel from Azores to West Coast or West Coast
to Azores (mode of travel)

Before air travel and not counting those that sailed the whaling boats, when
our Azorean ancestors traveled from the Azores to United States I am
assuming most of them un boarded on the east coast (New Bedford, Boston, New
York) and took a train to the west coast.

(1) Were the train stations near the ports?

(2) What routes did most of them take to get across the United States to get
to their destinations.

(3) Any thing else of interest you may have regarding this journey would be
helpful.

thank-you for your time.

grace falcone

Family names-Pacheco Santana, Moniz, Cabral, Carvalho, da Costa Canario,
Vieira de Silva, Tavares, Arruda  (villages-Furnas, Maia, Porto
Formosa-Riberia Grande and Sao Pedro-Nordestinho, Sao Miguel, Azores)

http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right