Hi Shirley,

You are an Angel.   Thank you for offering to help.

The info I have is from USA documents.   My paternal Great-
Grandfather's name is Jose Faustina/o Moraes, b. abt. 1856 in Velas,
Sao Jorge.   The only firm dates I have for him are his marriage (30
Dec 1880) and his death (31 Jan 1922) here in the USA.
I believe his parents names are Antonio F. Moraes  and Maria Rita.   I
don't have dates for them.  Dates for him and his parents would be
most appreciated.

My maternal Great-Grandmother's name was Maria Santa de Jesus.  She
was born abt. 1853 in Velas (I think in the village of Rosaes), and
was also married there abt. 1878-1879.     If you can find her
father's name for me, it would help.   I believe her mother's name was
Maria Bettencourt.   Dates for her are unknown.

I'm sorry that is all I have for you to work with, but anything you
can find would be of help.

God Bless and thanks again.

Ginger