I agree that this information needs to be verified before anyone accepts it as
fact.... just as we should do with all new information that comes our way.
Hence my disclaimer.

However, I would like to clarify one point here .....Mr. Claeys has told me
that he is not interested in writing any books for publication so that he is
not "hoping to sell a book." He is a scholar and seems to only be interested in
research and uncovering the truth on this subject of the Flemish to the Azores.
And to that end, he wants his research to be shared with anyone interested in
it. If his only purpose was to sell a book, then why would he make his work
freely available on my web site?

Kathy
Visit the Azores GenWeb Project:
        http://homepage.mac.com/kmacardoza/Genealogy/azoresindex.html