Hi Elaine,

Since you are running Professional... what you will need to do is download
the emulator from the Windows site.  Here is the webpage that you need to go
to... http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx You will
need to know whether it is a 32-bit or 64-bit system.  If I ventured to
guess, it is probably a 64-bit system.  In order to get this information,
left-click on the Start button (Circle with the Windows Logo in it) in the
lower left corner of your screen... then right-click on the word "computer"
that is on the right side of the panel that pops up... a window will open up
that says "View basic computer information"... about mid-page it says
"System Type" and it will tell you whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit.  It is
very important that you know this information because the software will not
run if you mismatch it... follow the rest of the prompts through the
download etc... unfortunately, this is where I must admit, I have no other
knowledge of this process, I am still only running windows home premium and
don't have the option to run the emulator.  So I must say good luck... I
will still say though, if you have any questions, feel free to send them my
way and if I can answer them I will...

Eric

p.s. Sorry Cheri, I know this is completely off topic for the board.

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 4:30 PM, "E" Sharp <bellema...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> My son bought this computer for himself a couple of months ago and is
> now buying the new ipad and he knows I have been wanting and needing a
> smaller computer so he gave it to me.  He is a software engineer in
> management and I am sure this computer has all the bells and whistles
> possible.  You have to know my son...only buys the best.  He told me
> it is a the Professional model.  This computer has more memory, etc.
> than my older, larger laptop which is getting TOO heavy for me to
> carry along anymore.
>
> I do not want to change from FTM because I like it and as I said
> before, I do not like change and learning new things....going to the
> latest edition of FTM will be a big deal for me.  But he bypassed the
> "you have to update" message so I will not be bothered by this and I
> am seriously considering updating to FTM 11 or whatever the newest
> version is today.  You know tomorrow it will be obsolete!!  You are
> dealing with a 74 year old woman here ......need I say more.  But
> then, I am the most computer "literate" of all my sisters.....I am
> also the youngest.
>
> I'm going to call Ancestry and talk to them about all of this.  They
> are pretty nice people, especially since I have been a member since
> its inception.
>
> Getting too old, too soon.
> "E"

> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the

Eric Gomes
Castro Valley, CA

Surnames: Gomes, Smith, Townsend, Lopes, Cabral, Erwin, Kennedy, Rodman,
Rodrigues, and many more.