Hi Maria, I cant thankyou enough for your reply. Its so great to
finaly find some details of the arrival of Portuguse people to
Australia. Francisco J Muniz was a store keeper and miner at
Smythesdale and i do know of members of the Muniz family buried at
Creswick. I do know that Francisco had shares in a gold mine. I do
know that Manuel Carreiro Muniz died in Creswick in 1882, his wife was
Louisa Sims. In April there is a gathering of Pioneer family
desendants at Smythesdale Botanical Gardens, it is to celebrate 150
years since families arrived and settled into the area. I hope to meet
up with people that may be related. I do know that there is a living
Muiz in the area who is a member of the historical society that will
be there on the day. I would like to contact you by email to compare
notes. Thankyou so much, Best Wishes
Chris