Repost for Kathy Cardoza:
Well, Sam, anything is possible I guess. I'm not sure how those facilities
get hacked but encryption is always better to have than not. Remember that
first they have to get past the encryption. Then they would need to have a
program to open your file. Personally,I don't put certain facts such as
Social Security numbers in my database. Also, I would venture to guess that
government and bank sites are a much more appealing target than your
genealogy files are. :)

I am careful and try to always be safe. In this world, you have to. But
cloud computing is about as safe as it can possibly be. If you worried
excessively about every little possibility, you would never do online
banking, buy anything with credit or debit online, or give your credit card
to a waiter at a restaurant.

Kathy