Suzanne,

I think you should scan the record and send it to the list.

Anna, daughter of Joze da Roza Furtado, son of Antonio da Roza, I meant to
say, of Antonio Pereira d'Avilla and of Roza da Conceicao....

"digo" I think translates to "I meant to say."  I just say "oops."

It is unusual to word a baptism that way.  They don't list the father and
the grandfather in that order.  The grandparents follow later in the record,
after the words "neta paterna (or neta materna)."

When they write the records, they may add and drop names.  So it's not
unusual to see just Furtado and then to sometimes see Furtado de Mendonca.

I'm not sure what you mean by "naming tradition" or the format that was to
be followed at that particular time period when the records were written.  I
may be best to send one of the baptism records to the list.  The format
varies from time to time. I've been posting lessons to the list every couple
of days on how the format changes with the various time periods.

Kathy Cardoza and I tried to summarize the so-called "naming traditions" and
she posted it to the Azores GenWeb: http://goo.gl/3GwMS

Achada