Just a reminder for those who were considering DNA - sale ends 11:59 pm CDT
Tuesday (that's today), June 21.  I think there's about 8 people who took
advantage of this sale (I'll post findings in a couple of months).

For those who missed the original announcement:

Family Tree DNA is having a sale, although most of it is for existing
customers.

An existing customer means that you tested with Family Tree DNA (FTDNA) and
you log in there with your kit number and your password.  FTDNA is a
different company than Ancestry.com or other DNA testing companies.  So if
you tested with them, this is not their sale.

For existing FTDNA customers,  they are having these upgrades on sale:
Family Finder - was $289, now $199
Y-DNA 12 to 25 markers (was $49, now $35)
Y-DNA 12 to 37 markers (was $99, now $69)
Y-DNA 12 to 67 markers (was $189, now $148)
Y-DNA 25 to 37 markers (was $49, now $35)
Y-DNA 25 to 67 markers (was $148, now $114)
Y-DNA 37 to 67 markers (was $99, now $79)
mtDNA (basic) to Full Mitochondrial Sequence (FMS) (was $269, now $229)
mtDNA Plus to FMS (was $239, now $199)

For EXISTING customers, you need to go to www.ftdna.com and look for the
orange LOGIN button towards the upper right corner of your screen.  Click
that and log in with your kit number and password.  Once there, look down
the left column for MY ACCOUNT and under that, Order Tests & Upgrades.  You
will click on Standard Orders to find the above prices.

The only 2 kits for NEW customers (you never tested with FTDNA) are:
Y-DNA 12 + Family Finder (was $388, now $299)
mtDNA (basic) + Family Finder (was $388, now $299)
For NEW customers, you will go here:
http://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?Group=AzoresIslands

Yes, you can order a Y-DNA 12 + Family Finder (or the mtDNA (basic) + Family
Finder) then then order more markers if you like, as if you are an "upgrade"
customer.

*ALL ORDERS MUST BE PLACED AND PAID FOR BY TUESDAY, JUNE 21, 2011, 11:59pm
CDT TO RECEIVE THE SALE PRICE.*

If you tested with Ancestry.com or another DNA testing company and want to
use FTDNA, they do have special pricing for you here: http://goo.gl/Jul1o

If you have problems or questions, Rick or I can help.

Cheri Mello & Rick Pimentel
Azores DNA Project
Family Tree DNA Co-Admins