I have no info about Flores but perhaps I can give you some insight on
the name "Grota Seca" . It literally means dry cave. But in my
expereince this a small area or neighbourhood within the village or
town. Most have such names, depending on their characteristics. My
family was from a neighbourhood called Grotas Fundas; that is "deep
caves".