Hi again,

While visiting this Group early this morning, I decided to search it
to find out how many times  Ponta Delagada has been mentioned.     I
know it is a large town  (city?) on the southern shore of Sao Miguel,
so many ships would have left from there.    So I wonder whether some
people were from other islands and would have left from Sao Miguel
(St. Michael's as the grandparents called it while in MA)

In one posting from a couple years ago, I saw the name, SANTOS
mentioned.    My (now) husband's  (late)  EX-wife had  SANTOS
parents,  but they were from Medeiros.    I've only learned a tiny bit
about that family, so I don't know how they got to Massachusetts.
One note is that one of the ex-wife's cousins just passed this month,
leaving only one family-member of that generation still living.
However,  Mr. SANTOS had cousins living in Lowell, MA.    I heard from
one younger cousin ~4 yrs. ago, but not since.    (I can't think of
their surname at this second.)

In my other posting this morning,  I mentioned an amusing story about
my husband's  PACHECO / MOURA grandparents.    What I didn't take the
time to mention was that Mrs. Elsie (MOURA) PACHECO's 2 sisters
married in Cambridge, MA, also;   Rosa married into a PERRY  (probably
PEREIRA) family,  and Carolina married into a MEDEIROS family.    They
had 2 brothers,  and I haven't been able to find out whether they were
older and had already married when arriving,  or married in MA/US.
They were Francisco MOURA, Jr., who moved to San Francisco, CA,  and
Manuel MOURA who moved to Brooklyn, NY.    (I am "guessing" their
father moved there when their mother moved to Cambridge, MA.)

(We know how to contact some of the cousins,  but I've never found
descendants of those 2 brothers.)

Betty              (near Lowell, MA, USA)

(See my old postings on the Lists and Boards at  www.rootsweb.com
for further information I've gathered.)