I came across something that has piqued my curiosity.  John Raposo
mentioned a baptismal record for Evangelina Moniz FURTADO where the
godparents were listed as Jose' CARREIRO de MEDEIROS and Ermelinda de
JESUS.  Then I came across a listing on Ancestry.com that mentions
Caetano Moniz FURTADO and Maria (do Espirito Santo) Esirito MEDEIROS.
Is MEDEIROS the family surname and would that connect Jose' to Maria?

Pat McCoy