Hi Richard,

Glad I have put my two cents to work!.......

Now remember! Whenever you run into a difficult record to read I am
a reasonable source for it!!..........

Good luck.

Ary.

Em 06/01/2012 19:00, Richard Francis Pimentel < rfrancispimen...@comcast.net > escreveu:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

Ary, thank you, what you have given me is enough to confirm what I thought. Joao de Sousa Silva and Maria do Rego ( AKA Maria do Espirito Santo) admit that this Ritta in this record is their legitimate daughter.

Rita born in 1812 is legitimatized 29 years later. I added a few comments below.

I would guess that Joao de Sousa Silva did not admit earlier because he may have been married and did not want his wife to know although most likely everyone in town knew. This opens up a few further questions which I will have to go back to the records to find.

Rick

Richard Francis Pimentel

Spring, TX

Formerly of Epping, New Hampshire

Researching, Riberia Grande, Riberinha Ponta Delgada, and Achada Grande,  Sao Miguel, Acores