I have to agree with Dora. I use Personal Ancestral File & have for  years.
I was sad when I heard this program will not be upgraded in the future  but
I still use it. You can import pictures, keep lots of notes & document
your sources. It is easy to print out reports and the program will put all
your information into a book format that you can print out with or without an
index. A lot of my friends use Rootsmagic & that is probably they program I
will go to if I ever give up my PAF. I have put my family information into
Rootmagic via a GEDCOM & I liked what I saw. I also liked the book format a
 little bit better. Both programs are very easy to use.

Sherry