On 3/6/2012 2:39 PM, bellema...@gmail.com wrote:
Shirl,

Did you look at the actual image? I think you are correct in assuming Portugal and Terceira. If you want me to take a look, send the info to me and I will gladly do so.
Hi!
There was no actual image. Ancestry.com just had a printed-out page with the information on it. Some came from other trees but they didn't show any image, either. Someone along the line must have misinterpreted the spelling. Now to go back and change all the "birth place" to Portugal! I do know that the Massachusetts archives had written "Terceira, WL" and Cheri told me that they meant "Western Islands". When the lady at the archives wrote back she included the original script which did look a lot like a fancy L! (Hopefully, she changed the records.)
- Shirl -