Shirl,

Definitely- Portugal, Azores. They forgot to cross the "t". So not much help for you there. What a wonderful history and whoever did that research did a great job!! Lucky for you. I believe the hotel I stayed at in Terceira was/is owned by this family. I am sure you have checked Terceira for a birth record? For the daughter Adelina, it says she was born in Terceira. Interesting David Q Bensabet is buried at the Jewish Cemetery in Terceira. I have been there and took a picture from under the gate as it is usually locked. Once we went to Mass at a church in the area of Marylebone, London and wonder if it is this St. Marylebone? The priest was super nice and spoke with us after the Mass. Have you visited either London or Terceira yet. My ancestors were mechants from Lisbon, Portugal who went to London on numerous business trips and their sons were educated in London.

Today, in Lisbon, it seems most of my relatives want to send their children to "French" school in Lisbon????

"E"