From: JR <jro...@rogers.com>
To: Azores Genealogy <azores@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sat, Mar 24, 2012 10:00 pm
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Nordestinho Research

These are like areas or neighbourhoods within the parish district of
Nordestinho. Some may have their own chapels. If you can't find
someone in Nodestinho, try Nordeste or Achada or Achadinha. Sometimes,
even Salga and Agua Retorta or Faial da Terra. The names you have a re
quite common in these villages.

JR

On Mar 21, 2:05 pm, Nancy Hoopes <nch...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I found several Couto families, some live on the hill of Algarvia (lomba
> Algarvia), parish of Nordestinho. Some live on the bald hill of Saint Anthony
> (calvo de lomba de  Santo Antonio) Nordestinho.  It seems whatever hill they
> live on - they still belong to the parish of Nordestinho.  I found a
connection
> between the Furtado Couto name going back to 1872 (Maria, daughter of
Francisco
> Moniz Furtado Couto, lomba de Algarvia, d'esta frequesia Nordestinho.  Some of
> the birth records on family trees show Algarvia, but the birth records on the
> archive site may be under Nordestinho.  Nancy

that