A couple of weeks ago I asked about using LDS microfilms.  Since then
I ordered 2 films (baptisms & marriages) for Horta (Matriz).  With the
marriage date found on the CITCEM site I was able to find the marriage
record I was looking for!  The only problem was that the microfilm was
much smaller than I expected (almost like 16mm film) and difficult to
read on the Library's equipment. However,  I was able to print the 2-
page record, bring it home, scan it, clean it up in Photoshop, and
then extract some very helpful information. For example, the record
listed the parents and the age of the bride and groom.

I also found the baptism record I was looking for on the other film
(same small film, difficult to read) and one additional record to add
to the family history.  Unfortunately, the microfilm printer stopped
working and I was unable to get copies of these records and I ran out
of time transcribing them. The Library was only open 3 hours that
day.   I will have to make another trip to the Library when they get
the printer working again.

In one record (May 1884), after the name of the father is the word
"policia." Is that his occupation?  In the later record (August 1885)
his name is followed by the word "trabalhador" which I believe is a
worker.

Finally, I discovered that Amelia Bettencourt was not born in 1891 as
it said in the Diario de Noticias newspaper, nor 1889 as it says in a
family bible, nor 1887 as it says on her gravestone, but she was born
in 1885 as it says on her baptism record