I am also reading this book and thoroughly enjoying.  Yes, it does help in
understanding why my grandparents left the Azores and came to America. My
grandparents left Teceira and never returned.  I highly recommend.  Thank
you for your other book recommendation.
I wish I had spoken with my grandparents more about how, why.  It is
amazing to me how they left family and came to America not knowing anyone
or the language.  What brave people they were.
Thanks for sharing.

Colleen Wright
Researchng Silva, Goncalves from
Teceriia and Pico and  Rosa, Cunha from Graciosa