Hello Len,
My relatives all settled in New Bedford when they arrived coming through
Providence,  RI. Did you look there? By the way, my great grandfather was
Joao Correia dos Santos. All his siblings and father are Correia da Silva.
He had a brother Manuel. His grandfather was also Manuel. They came from
Graciosa. Most of my relatives left New Bedford for the Santa Clara Valley.
The Silva ones we know of went to Mendocino County, Fort Bragg, and
Truckee. Any relation?

Karen :)

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Leonard Silva <lensi...@lenstudio.com>wrote:

> My grandfather, Manuel Correia Silva arrived either on 22 Apr 1882 or Aug
> 1882. (See attachments)
>
> One of these documents say that he sailed from Graciosa on an unnamed
> schooner.
>
> Family stories say that he came as a 15 year old stowaway with an older
> cousin who abandoned him in Boston.
>
> I can find no record of ship arrivals in Boston or New Bedford, much less
> schooners,  around those dates.
>
> I'm looking for any help or guidance in learning more about how he came
> here.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Len Silva

Hugs and Blessings from Karen (Medeiros) Huffman in Paso Robles, CA USA

Searching for Medeiros and Cabral in Sao Miguel, Santos, Silva and Costa in
Terceira Acores.

Searching for Anderson and Swanson in Sweden and Schaeffer and Schommer in
Germany.