Depending on the US censuses, I have different birth dates for my Azorian grandfather...and he could read and write English!
- Shirl -

On 6/15/2012 7:20 PM, Mike wrote:
I have marriage license and marriage certificate from the church that put my GG grandfathers year of birth in 1872, have an obituary that would put his birthday in 1867, a headstone that would put it in 1867, a newspaper story that indicates his birth would have been in 1868 and the census that would put it in 1870. So until I can somehow find the village he came from and then locate a birth certificate, knowing that he couldn't read or write how accurate would someone be with knowing the year of his own events and happenings? Are these variations in dates commonplace among the portuguese of those times?
--
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to azores+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. Follow the confirmation directions when they arrive. For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."