Random Acts Of Genealogical Kindness (RAOGK) was started by Bridgett Schneider
in 1999.  Her announcement about going offline in the fall can be found on
Dick Eastman's Newsletter: goo.gl/Jj0mo

The following month, Dick wrote about her passing: http://goo.gl/DTZOE

A little bit about Bridgett's RAOGK site can be found on Wikipedia here:
http://goo.gl/6sfvU

Then in March of this year, Margie Cowan started up the new RAOGK in a Wiki
format:
http://goo.gl/yBmz0<http://raogk.wikia.com/wiki/Random_Acts_of_Genealogical_Kindness_Wiki>
However, she was able to only copy the old information from Bridgett's
site.  The links to the volunteer's email addy's were inactive.  But you
may be able to google the volunteer's name (in quotes) and get their email
addy out there on the web.  I did that for a request in Indiana.

Anyone can be a volunteer.  You can volunteer as much or as little as you
like.  In the area that you live.  I was on the old RAOGK and I'm on the
new one.  I will one day be listed under Los Angeles County, CA.  I do
Random Acts there looking up birth, marriage, or death at the Los Angeles
County Recorder, just not as an official volunteer.  I've done a couple of
lookups in Los Angeles for a couple of people on this list, as well as
others.  If you want to volunteer, email Margie Cowan at mcowan at erols.com

-- 
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas,
Achada

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to