Ancestry is prepay (in general) so simply cancel after your payment and it will
keep going until the period is done. I've done this myself.

Oh, and you can still update your tree once cancelled, but you lose the ability
to see previously added records!  That's why I sync with FTM. All media is
downloaded and I control locally.

Bill Boyd