Laura, I just saw your post about your ancestors Feliciano and Jose. My great grandfather's name is Jose de Sousa da Silva born on April 1, 1892. (I visited his grave in Graciosa in June 2009 and have a photo to verify his birth and death dates). His father is Manuel de Sousa da Silva and mother was (based on family oral history) - Adeline Candida da Gloria. I know he had a brother about the same age because I have a photo of the family of 4 (which I am attaching here) when Jose was very young but don't know the information on his brother or, if they were in fact twins. I did find record of him entering the U.S. on the Roma in 1915 listed right above Feliciano and Feliciano's wife. I'm a bit bewildered by Feliciano's mother's name because it appears to be Mariana Rosa which doesn't match with the family information I have, and after reading your update from May 3rd, I'm even more confused. Perhaps your Jose de Sousa da Silva and mine are different? hmmmm...
I have lots of information on Jose Sousa Silva and his family here in the U.S. and back in Graciosa - he came to the U.s. for several years and then retired back in Graciosa where he passed away in 1964. Looks like we might be distant relatives??? On Friday, April 13, 2012 2:37:53 PM UTC-4, Laura Share wrote: > > Hello! I am new to the board and am really hoping that someone out > there can give me a hand with a roadblock on a line of Sylva/Silva/ > Sylvias from Santa Cruz, Graciosa. > > We have traced an ancestor, Feliciano Sousa Silva, his wife Ermelinda > (born Pacheco) and his twin brother Jose Sousa Silva, arriving in > Providence, RI on the Roma on November 29, 1915, and are looking for > any information anyone might have for Feliciano and Jose's parents as > well as Ermelinda's. We believe Feliciano's mother and father are > listed on the passenger manifest as Manuel Sousa Silva and Bariana (?) > Rosa. Their last permanent residence was listed as Santa Cruz, > Graciosa. > > Feliciano and Jose were born 2 June 1892 and there is conflicting > information in the family regarding where--perhaps Italy? Ermelinda > Pacheco was born about 1897 and we have no other information. > > Feliciano and Ermelinda had 2 daughters: Mary and Albina. Mary Sylvia > married Edmund Espinola. They lived in the Plainfield, CT area. They > had a daughter Ermelinda. > > We are also looking for help with Edmund Espinola's family. Marcelino > Jose(ph) Espinola born 26 Sept. 1984 in the Azores (no more > information than that) and Rose Souza de Mello, born 15 Oct 1892 in > Portugal. We They married in 1916 in MA. They had children Edmund, > Rose and Jose. > > Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when they arrive. For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
<<attachment: Jose de Sousa da Silva and family.jpg>>

