Hi Karen H,

Some widely accepted acronyms in the genealogy community are FHC for Family
History Center, FHL for Family History Library (usually in reference to
Salt Lake).  These records are sponsor by the Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter Day Saints, or LDS.  Not sure what you mean my FDS.

Most all FHC have helpful staff.  Most have been trained.  That doesn't
mean that you will walk in on the shift that they let the new person try it
on their own or you catch someone on a bad day.  Overall most are helpful.

I don't know where you live or which is your nearest FHC.  If your nearest
FHC is Los Angeles, they have some Sao Miguel and some Sao Jorge film.  If
your nearest is Oakland, CA, they have a lot of Azorean film.  If your
nearest is North Dartmouth, MA they have ALL the Azorean film.  If your
nearest is Omaha, NE, they probably have nothing and you'll have to order
it.  The person on staff there probably will not know much about Portuguese
genealogy either.

The records go as far back as the Genealogy Society of Utah was allowed to
film.  You check the Family History Library Catalog (FHLC).  Pick
Place-Names and type in the freguesia.  After a few letters, it will start
to guess what you are typing.  Pick your freguesia, click on Church
Records, then Registos Paroquias, and you will see what was filmed for
baptisms, marriages, and deaths.
https://familysearch.org/#form=catalog

You provided a screen shot of what looks like an index from a search on the
Family Search Web site.  You would have to call your local FHC to see if
they have that film on site or not.  This appears to be a city or state
civil record.  That's the way the recorded them in Mass back then.
Personally, I'd write to the church where that couple married.

Achada