Mike,

It's been a long time since I've used the NARA film.  The Los Angeles FHC
has some of them, but they are a bigger, regional FHC, so I lucked out.

At $125 a roll, I'd save up for a nice little field trip to a NARA.  I'm
not entirely sure, but I think you need the NARA branch in Waltham, MA
(near Boston).  This will tell you if their holdings cover what you need:
http://www.archives.gov/northeast/boston/holdings/

It's probably a 6 or 7 hour drive each way for you.  Plus a night in a
motel.  Plus gas and food.  I don't know what you drive, but my Civic could
do that drive on a tank of gas (a tank both ways would total me about
$80).  A night at a Motel 6 would be $50-$60 depending if I stayed in
Boston proper or on the outskirts.  If I got up and ate breakfast at home,
but had lunch and dinner on the road or in Boston, and then breakfast and
lunch the next day on the road as well, and I could find things off of the
$1 menu or value menu or find a $5 combo deal, that would be $25 to $30 in
food for me.  So that would cost me $170 or maybe up to $200.  A difference
of around $75 above the cost of microfilm.  But I'd be onsite, could pull 3
or 4 films, have a NARA archivist available to help, etc.  Your costs could
be more, depending on your vehicle, and your lodging needs.

Hmm, I like my rationale for a field trip so much that I think I need one :)

Achada