Hi Lester,

Passports were required to travel (leave) the Acores. Only the ones from Sao
Miguel are on line. I would not assume he left by other means It could be
the name is wrong or perhaps the writing was bad and you missed it. If you
found his brothers then you know the council and village he came from I
would search the columns for everyone that came from that village. Can you
determine his arrival date in the US? If you can then I would go to the
passport records and start searching back from that date it most likely is
within a week of leaving the Acores.

I do remember two men that applied with my great grandfather the same day.
All their names were together and they were all from the same village.  The
ship sailed a week later. When the ship arrived in NY only my Great
grandfather and one of them was on the ship. The other man must have had
second thoughts about leaving.

Rick

Richard Francis Pimentel

Spring, TX

Formerly of Epping, New Hampshire

Researching, Riberia Grande, Riberinha Ponta Delgada, and Achada Grande,
Bretanha, Ponta Delgada,  Sao Miguel, Acores