I only know that her date of birth was August 12 1893 according to her death certificate in Newport RI. Her marriage certificate in Newport RI has a date of 5/4th 1914. So she would have been 21 at time of marriage. It has her parents listed as Frank P and Rose Amelia Dutra. I know she was from Faial and I believe it was Cedros. She died June 6, 1960. What would the address be to contact for her birth certificate in Horta? I would like to learn the name of her grandparents on both sides and any other relatives from Faial if anyone has any info. Thanks so much for any assistance anyone has to offer! Pat
On Aug 26, 2012, at 5:32 PM, John Raposo wrote:

With issue means he left descendants. I will try to find your grandmother's lineage. You have an exact date of birth and the name of her parents and the place of her birth. Have you written to the Archives in Horta and asked for her birth record? It will also give you the name of her grandparents which would probably open the doors to her lineage. I think Rosa Pereira Duarte and your grandmother are one and the same.

John

From: Patricia Paquette <mee...@aol.com>
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2012 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] New to group also

My Grandfathers name was Joao (John -he went by Arruda in RI. )On the list below he was Joao d'Arruda Botleho-it says with issue-what does that mean? He was born 7/12/1882 and died 8/14th 1970.

His wife (my Grandmother) was from Faial probably Cedros and they got married in Newport at St. Mary's church-her name was Mary (? Maria) Amelia Dutra daughter of Frank P and Rose Amelia Dutra. I am unsure if if the person referred to on Geneall.net referred to as Rosa Perreira Duarte is also her. They lived in Middletown RI all their married lives. I believe her siblings were Antone Dutra (Sacramento California) John, Ana and Manuel Dutra all resided in Middletown, Rose who stayed in the Azores(MIddletown, R.I.). There is a close connection to "Escobars" but I am a little unsure on how. My great Grandma I believe had a cousin Goulart and I believe this is the person referenced in Meredith Vieira's geneology that was referenced on The today show piece on Mereidth's geneology that is available on line. Appreciate any info . Thanks so much