He was 53 when died

Marcio Borba
Feel the Azores... visit http://azorean-roots.blogspot.com

--- Em dom, 9/9/12, Diane <ddon...@bigpond.net.au> escreveu:

De: Diane <ddon...@bigpond.net.au>
Assunto: [AZORES-Genealogy] GGGrandfather Christiano Machado from Urzelina, Sao
Jorge.
Para: azores@googlegroups.com
Data: Domingo, 9 de Setembro de 2012, 1:08

I am new to this group and have just found that I can get access to the
archives. I have found the obit for my GGGrandfather Christiano Machado and I
know it is him because the name of his second wife Perpetua Roza appears in the
text. Otherwise I am unable to translate and wonder if there is someone in the
group that could read what it says? It is the one marked No.9. I would  be
interested to know if there are any relevant probate records available? I also
notice that there is a reference to Portuguese naming conventions that has been
previously discussed but can't find it on the list. I am very interested in
this subject and believe it is quite complicated but would be grateful for any
more information. My GGrandfather was Joaquim Machado Pereira and he came to
Australia about 1870. It seems that this was an unusual choice and I think he
may have gone to the US first. His mother's name was Vitorina.They lived in
Urzelina and GGrandpa changed his
 name to Antonio Mitchell when he came to Sydney. He was a sailor and wore a
gold earring. Ii have a lovely photo of him. Diane