Pam and Rick,

I use FTM 2011, although I don't print trees very often.  However, I think
the "box and line styles" settings under "Pedigree Chart Options" might be
the place to specify borders and colors for boxes for females and males.
This would be on your screen to the right of the actual chart, and it
allows you to customize the appearance of the boxes.  After you enter your
preferences for females, go down and do the same for males.  You can have
females with red borders and males with blue borders, etc.  This just
controls the appearance; all ancestors, male and female, will appear in the
tree.  I don't know how to make it print just male or female.

Hope this helps a little.

Nancy