Hi Shirley,

I don´t know who were the parents of Catarina Fernandes.

Unfortunately I could never find the marriage record for João Mendes and
Catarina Fernandes.

They had children in Ponta Garça but I suspect that João Mendes is from
Vila Franca do Campo and Catarina Fernandes is from the Froes family of
Ponta Garça.

But I am not sure yet.

When I began to research all these people I also looked at the obitos in
SM-VFC and I found two João Mendes deceased in that time period. On 23 sep
1686 and 9? feb 1690.

And also on 1 apr 1690 there´s the obito of Maria, filha maior de João
Mendes and Catarina? Fernandes?

The one that died in 1686 seems to be the João Mendes who married Barbara
da Costa on 10 feb 1675. Barbara married again with André Jorge on 03 apr
1690.

Maybe the one that died on 1690 is my João Mendes.

Manoel Cesar Furtado