From: Cheri Mello <gfsche...@gmail.com>
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thu, January 31, 2013 1:50:31 PM
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Island of my dreams

When I used to teach in the public schools, we had to give out the state tests.

I was supposed to pace up and down the aisles while my students were testing.
So I used to listen to the Portuguese language tapes while walking up and down
the aisles.  After the testing was done, my Spanish speaking students (13 & 14
year olds) wanted to hear the tapes.  They listened and said it sounded like
Spanish with a French accent.  One student told me that she thought if she were
left in Portugal, she could probably start to get by after about 2 weeks (she
was a native Spanish speaker).

I've been told that Portuguese is supposed to be the closest to Romanian.  I've
never heard that spoken, so I really don't know.
Achada --