Mel,

I only clicked on the link for 1855-1860 marriages.  Image 20 ends in June
of 1860.  I can see there are more pages behind, but they may be blank.
Many of the books are like that.  So 20 images covering 5 years averages
out to be 4 marriages a year.  The group before, 1818-1855, has a total of
197 marriages covering 38 years for 5.18 marriages per year.  I know
there's a title page in there and the page saying that they are checking
the book, but roughly, they average about 4.5 - 5 marriages a year for
almost half a century.

My people were gone from Achada by your time period.  I just think that
there weren't that many people.  Maybe the priest wasn't around except for
Sunday Mass.  I know that I had a couple that married in 1820.  They
applied for the dispensation twice and had 2 or 3 children before getting
married.

>From west to east, the freguesias in the council of Nordeste are:
Salga, Achadinha, Achada, Santana, Nordestinho, Lomba de Fazenda, and
Nordeste.

Achadinha marriages go back to 1701, Nordestinho goes back to 1838 or 1700
(depends on which church), don't think Lomba de Fazenda was filmed, and
Nordeste goes back to 1583.  I know Al Ramos does work in Salga, so he'll
know how far back that goes.  I can't find Santana in the FHLC and I don't
have access to my book with the film notes and other info.  When I chased
my lines back out of Achada, I landed in Nordeste and Nordestinho.

I'm not that much help, I'm afraid :(
Achada