From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
yvonne domings
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:41 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: CCA site

I have a work project with the University and the Government of the Azores.
I'm eternally grateful for the support and for the passion they have for
connecting with people in the Azorean Regional Communities--it is truly
remarkable. So, I have no doubt that there is probably a commitment to
making these records available online at some point. However, I have come to
realize that the concept of time is very culturally based, and so Azorean
time is very different from our concept of time. This is true not only in
when things get done, but just in urgency of things in general. American's
are much more focused on the efficient use of time. Azoreans never worry
about when something will get done. It is quite stressful for me to work
with them at times, but I have learned that things do get done, just not in
any time frame that I think is reasonable. On a similar note, the first time
I went to the Azores in 2010, I noticed that clocks are rare. I have yet to
find a clock in the hotel rooms I have stayed in. However, the church bells
keep time to the hour, so that is another indication of the granularity of
times importance to the people (in my opinion).

Yvonne