I am native Santa Claran. I have 3 generations of grandparents from one
side and 4 on the other that are buried in Santa Clara Mission Cemetery.
For some reason one set of great grandparents are in Calvary in San Jose. I
grew up with MANY Portuguese and Italian families in our neighborhoods. I
do go pay respects every so often to all these relatives. If you need a
look-up or picture I will do it for you. I now live 2 1/2 hours from there
so it won't be immediate though.

Karen Medeiros Huffman :)

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Robert Ross <bob.ross...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pam,
>    My parents and brother are buried in Santa Clara Mission Cemetery.
>  I've looked at older correspondence I have, and letterheads do say "Santa
> Clara Catholic Cemetery" in some cases...just a heads-up in case you
> thought there were two.
>   The cemetery is the final resting place for MANY Portuguese.  The
> surnames on markers represent [it seems] as many Portuguese and Italian
> families as Irish. In the early part of the 20th century this part of the
> Bay Area was settled heavily by  first and second generation Southern
> Europeans.             Bob Ross
> On Mar 25, 2013, at 6:15 PM, Pam Santos <pamsanto...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am trying to find the names of the old catholic Cemeteries in San Jose,
> CA circa 1930's. I finally narrowed down to two dates for Joseph Santos.
> Unfortunately an Obit would help but I do not have access to San Jose
> Mercury. So if anyone knows the names I think one is Calvary but I think
> there is another one.

>  --

Hugs and Blessings from Karen (Medeiros) Huffman in Paso Robles, CA USA

Searching for Medeiros and Cabral in Sao Miguel, Santos, Silva and Costa in
Terceira Acores.

Searching for Anderson and Swanson in Sweden and Schaeffer and Schommer in
Germany.