Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Portuguese passenger lists
From: <p...@dholmes.com>
Date: Thu, April 04, 2013 1:10 am
To: azores@googlegroups.com

Thanks to the terrific volunteer work of Mr. James Rego Nicolau of the San Diego area, I have posted many new passenger ship lists on my website.

The great thing about these extractions is that he has a good recognition of Portuguese names, unlike the extractions done by Ancestry.com and Ellis Island Foundation/LDS.

While the person can be located if you use these other resources as a guide and are lucky enough that they didn't totally butcher the name of the person you seek, it is overall much more likely that the extracted ships I have (now am up to 78 ships) will quickly allow you to find them if they arrived on one of these extracted ships.

Find them all here:

And if you decide you want to add your name to the growing list of volunteers, I can direct you to pick a ship or two for your own extraction. Maybe you'll even get hooked like Mr. Nicolau. I think he's done maybe 40 ships now. There are many more he has extracted that I have not yet uploaded.

Happy hunting.

Doug da Rocha Holmes
Sacramento, California
Pico & Terceira Genealogist
916-550-1618

For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.