*Hi George,
*
*It's been a while. Last time I was in SE Mass was, as I recall, in 2008,
on the way back from the Azores.
 I'd like to offer a suggestion that might increase your turnout,
particularly from the West Coast. How about scheduling the chat from 8-11
Est (5 - 8 PST). Some working people on the West Coast, particularly in
large metropolitan areas are not even home by  7pm PST on work days. When
Cheri and I were Chat Room hosts on AOL, we had the reverse problem since
we are both on the west coast.
*
*
Which reminds me of my most interesting "time zone" related chat room
experiences. In 2002, the Artesia DES Filarmonica (of which both Cheri and
I are members) Traveled to Terceira where we performed over a two week
period in most villages on the island. On one of our regular AOL chat
nights before getting to Terceira, I decided to particpate in the chat. The
place  where I was staying had dialup internet access so about 1 or 2 am,
local (Azores time), I surprised Melody Lassalle (GFS Mel) who was hosting
the AOL Portuguese chat that night. I popped into the AOL chat room and
said something like "Greetings from Flores". I think I was as surprised as
Mel was! ( A not so pleasant surprise was that upon check out, I had a long
distance charge of about $30 added to my lodging bill for what was a 3 or 4
minute chat).  Cheri, did I ever mention this to you?
*
*Regards,
*
*John Vasconcelos