Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Translation of birth record
From: Sheri Fenley <sherilan...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, April 20, 2013 4:50 am
To: Azores Genealogy <azores@googlegroups.com>

I had posted asking for help in a birth record in 1901 and got the
following:

Regina dau. of Francisco Jose Dutra son of unknow father and Maria do
Espirito Santo and Maria da Gloria dau. of Manuel Machado and Maria
Isabel, born at 11:00 pm on 26 Jan. 1901 and baptised a 5 Feb. 1901.
Godparents Jose maria Verissimo and his wife Maria Jose.

I thought I had the wrong family until I just got this birth record
for another child of this family who was born in 1896:

"Francisco José Dutra Camillo, fisherman, born in the parish of Matriz
de São Matheus of Villa da Praia, Graciosa Island, and of Maria da
Gloria, domestic labor, born in this Parish of Nossa Senhora da
Conceição, where they were married and are parishioners, living in Rua
do Castellinho. Granddaughter, on the father’s side, of unknown
grandfather, and Maria do Espírito Santo; and on the mother’s side of
Manoel Machado, deceased, and Isabel Josefa."

I find Francisco using the name Camillo in all the other birth records
of his other children. Where does the "Jose Dutra" come from I
wonder?

Sheri Fenley

For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.