Nell,

Yes, if you have access to your parents' siblings that is the better
choice.

Since I don't know your goal, I'd advise you to do a Family Finder on the
89 year old now with this sale.  You can order mtDNA on her later.

If you have the money, you could do the Family Finder on the 70 year old
(Family Finder is usually $289 and when they put it on sale it the past, it
was $199, so this sale of $169 is really good).  If you don't have the
money right now, then wait for another sale.  If you do the Family Finder
on this uncle, you can add on his Y-DNA or mtDNA later on as well.

I'm just basing this off the ages of 89 and 70 - not knowing anything else
about them. For all I know, the 70 year old may not be in as good of health
as the 89 year old.

You'll need to put together a pedigree chart and have it uploaded to FTDNA
when the results come in.  You'll get more information on that when you
purchase a test and you get the "welcome" letter.

Cheri Mello
Family Tree DNA Admin